We support the state government's priority to boost productivity in Victoria's food and fibre sector, manage our land and natural resources, protect our environment; and respond to fire, flood and biosecurity emergencies.
Our responsibilities include:
- building and maintaining healthy, natural environments
- delivering better regulation
- focusing on jobs and investment
- improving service delivery to regional areas
- managing land and water on public and private land
- managing our natural resources
- responding to fire, flood and biosecurity emergencies.
We employ over 3700 staff, who work in 93 different locations across the state.
We are led by Secretary Adam Fennessy and Deputy Secretaries James Flintoff, Bruce Thompson, Paul Smith, Bernie O'Sullivan, James Florent and Emily Phillips.
Our partners, clients and stakeholders
We perform a range of functions in close partnership with our service delivery partners, while our clients and stakeholders are diverse and distributed across the state.