National Livestock Identification System
The Victorian Government and the livestock industry are working together to implement the NLIS, which will enable livestock to be identified and tracked from their property of birth to slaughter. This will protect the reputation of Victoria's livestock industry as a supplier of 'clean' meat and dairy products, providing a competitive advantage in domestic and export markets.
Beef and dairy producers who order NLIS (Cattle) tags online receive a 10 cent per tag discount. This discount does not apply to orders placed by telephone or by paper applications.
For information about applying for a PIC or ordering NLIS Cattle or Sheep tags please call the DEPI Help Line on 1800 678 779.
For more information, please select a link below:
Paper Application Forms
- NLIS Cattle Breeder Post-Breeder Tags
- NLIS Sheep/Goat LeaderBreeder Post-Breeder Tags
- NLIS Sheep/Goat Allflex Breeder Post-Breeder Tags
- NLIS Sheep/Goat Shearwell Breeder Post-Breeder Tags
- NLIS endorsed devices
- Cattle transaction tags
- Livestock property identification code
- How do I obtain a livestock PIC?
- Application for allocation of a tattoo Brand
- Application for pig identification ear tags
NLIS Stock Agents
National Vendor Declaration (NVD) Forms
Producers who have a valid PIC can obtain Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) NVDs by phoning the LPA helpline on 1800 683 111 during office hours or by visiting Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) Livestock Production Assurance (food safety and quality assurance).
For further information and application forms please contact the Department's Help Line 1800 678 779