Spatial data and resources
The Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) maintains a vast amount of spatial information relating to natural resources and land use.
- Vicmap - Vicmap information provides the foundation to Victoria's primary mapping and spatial information systems. Changes and improvements are reported in Vicmap Bulletins.
- Find Victorian Government spatial data via DataSearch Victoria
- Imagery and elevation - The department's aerial photography is available in digital or print formats. The department offers the Coordinated Imagery Program to facilitate the acquisition of new photography and elevation data.
- Access - Free Victorian data via Data.vic and online; or via service providers. Includes access to Vicmap Position - GPSnet, maps, imagery and data.
- News & Bulletins - Vicmap Bulletins keep you informed of all changes & improvements to Vicmap Products and services.
DEPI supports our spatial information through:
- Maps - DEPI Interactive Map, and Vicmap Topographic Hardcopy Maps
- Support - Vicmap, Local Government Vicmap Helpdesk & DEPI general
- Publications - Vicmap Catalogue, Vicmap Topographic News, NES News & others
- Links and Contacts - Popular direct links to information and handy contacts.
Free Victorian data via Data.vic
Data available under the DataVic Access Policy http://www.data.vic.gov.au/ – Victoria Only.
Many DEPI datasets, and most Vicmap products (covering Victoria only) are freely available through the DataVic Access Policy.
Note: Any Vicmap products not currently implemented by the DataVic Access Policy still retain the same pricing, licencing, restrictions, conditions, liability, constraints as indicated at http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/vicmap webpage.
For data and assistance
Assistance and information for all Vicmap products are available directly from DEPI's network of official data service providers listed at: www.depi.vic.gov.au/vicmapdsp.
Small packets of data online
Selected Vicmap products can be bought online through DEPI web at www.depi.vic.gov.au/vicmapdata . Packets are generally for a locality or local government area. Free samples are available.
Vicmap Position - GPSnet
Topographic maps available online
Vicmap Topographic 1:30,000 Maps Online can be bought online through DEPI web.
Vicmap Topographic – Hardcopy Maps
Vicmap Imagery – Aerial Photography is available directly from DEPI's suppliers listed at www.depi.vic.gov.au/vicmapdsp
Search for a Victorian dataset by type of data required, area type, dataset name, theme, or you can browse all 760+ datasets. This will provide access to abstract, metadata, a preview and who the provider is.
Use the DEPI Interactive Map to find a property or place (by street address, suburb or town, lot on plan, coordinates or street directory), get a Property Report with location details, planning information and more. You can also search and view street directories as well.
Vicmap Topographic Hardcopy Maps
The statewide series depicts both natural and constructed features such as contours, rivers, and more.
Vicmap - Vicmap.email@example.com or call 03 8636 2333
General- goto the DEPI Contact us page- by phone, email or person
Local Government- Local Government Vicmap Helpdesk
Coordinated Imagery Program (CIP)
The Coordinated Imagery Program coordinates the purchase of aerial photography and satellite imagery across Victoria for a range of government and non-government organisations.
Notification for Editing Service (NES)
This service allows authoritative sources to improve to data quality, and is an effective, transparent maintenance process for all participants.
Notification for Editing Service (NES) Newsletters will be added in June 2014.
Links and Contacts
Popular direct links to information and handy contacts will be available in June 2014.