Spatial data and resources
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) maintains a vast amount of spatial information relating to natural resources and land use.
- Vicmap - Vicmap information provides the foundation to Victoria's primary mapping and spatial information systems. Changes and improvements are reported in Vicmap Bulletins.
- Find Victorian Government spatial data via DataSearch Victoria
- Imagery and elevation - The department's aerial photography is available in digital or print formats. The department offers the Coordinated Imagery Program to facilitate the acquisition of new photography and elevation data.
- Access and Licensing - Access Victorian data via Data.Vic or via data service providers and review the licensing conditions.
- News & Bulletins - Vicmap Bulletins keep you informed of all changes & improvements to Vicmap Products and services.
DELWP supports our spatial information through:
- Maps - DELWP Interactive Map, and Vicmap Topographic Hardcopy Maps
- Support - Vicmap, Local Government Vicmap Helpdesk & DELWP general
- Publications - Vicmap Catalogue, Vicmap Topographic News, NES News & others
- Links and Contacts - Popular direct links to information and handy contacts.
Access and Licensing
Access Victorian data via DataVic website and Creative Commons License Agreement
Data available on the DataVic website http://www.data.vic.gov.au
Many DELWP datasets, and most Vicmap products are available for no cost through the DataVic website and are covered by the DataVic Access Policy. Data downloaded via DataVic is released under a Creative Commons license.
You can share, copy, redistribute (in any medium or format), adapt, remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Access Victorian data via Data Service Providers and DELWP Data Access License Agreement
Any Vicmap products not currently implemented by the DataVic Access Policy are available for purchase from DELWP's network of official data service providers (www.depi.vic.gov.au/vicmapdsp). These datasets are released under DELWP's Data Access License Agreement . In general, the licence allows licensees to use the data for personal use or within their business, but does not permit the data to be commercialised or on-sold.
Small packets of data online
Selected Vicmap products can be accessed online and at no cost through the www.depi.vic.gov.au/vicmapdata website. Packets generally cover a locality or local government area.
Vicmap Position - GPSnet
Vicmap Position - GPSnet is a subscription based positioning correction service for Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) users throughout Victoria.
Topographic maps available online
To purchase maps visit Vicmap Topographic 1:30,000 Maps Online.
Vicmap Topographic – Hardcopy Maps
Vicmap Imagery – Aerial Photography is available for purchase from DELWP's network of official data service providers (www.depi.vic.gov.au/vicmapdsp).
DataSearch Victoria is an online search and discovery tool.
Use the DELWP Interactive Map to find a property or place (by street address, suburb or town, lot on plan, coordinates or street directory), get a Property Report with location details, planning information and more. You can also search and view street directories as well.
Vicmap Topographic Hardcopy Maps
The statewide series depicts both natural and constructed features such as contours, rivers, and more.
Vicmap - Vicmap.email@example.com
General queries - please visit the DELWP Contact us page
Local Government- Local Government Vicmap Helpdesk
Coordinated Imagery Program (CIP)
The Coordinated Imagery Program coordinates the purchase of aerial photography and satellite imagery across Victoria for a range of government and non-government organisations.
Notification for Editing Service (NES)
This service allows authoritative sources to improve to data quality, and is an effective, transparent maintenance process for all participants.