Vicmap Topographic Hardcopy Maps
This map series, produced by Information Services Division (ISD), will cover the entire state of Victoria and depicts both natural and constructed features such as contours, rivers, waterfalls, vegetation, roads, cliffs and crown land boundaries.
Victoria's statewide topographic maps
- 1:50 000 Statewide,
- 1:100 000, 1:25 000 and Specials over selected areas
- refer to the Vicmap Topographic- Hardcopy Map Index
- Sourced from the most current Vicmap and DEPI information
- GDA Datum
- For map sheet currency and edition number, refer to the Vicmap Hardcopy Product List, current as of January 2017 or
- the Vicmap Topographic Hardcopy Revision Map 2015
Geographic Facts (and Maps) of Victoria
Ever wanted to know the southern most point of Victoria was? Or the size of Victoria's largest island. Then read on! Geographic Facts about Victoria
Halls Gap Special 1:25 000 and The Grampians 1:100 000
A new double sided map featuring:
- The Grampians National Park
- The latest walking track and campsite information
- Iconic Four Wheel Drive Routes
Now available from Vicmap Topographic Wholesalers and retailers.
Maps for Summer
Three suggested maps featuring fun coastal parks and cool hinterlands
Lorne 1:50 000 7620-N
The Peninsula Special 1:50 000
Wilsons Promontory Special 1:50 000
New App for Reading Georeferenced Vicmap Topographic Maps
An exciting new development in topographic mapping is the arrival of an app for reading and interacting with geo referenced PDFs. Currently available only for Apple iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, this free app, Avenza PDF Map, will enable the user to interact with Vicmap Topographic Online 1:30 000 A4 & A3 map series.
- View your location on the PDF map using the built-in GPS device.
- View the coordinates of the current position and any waypoint (latitude and longitude)
- Plot waypoints, position and label names, enter attribute data and notes
- Export waypoints and associated attribute data to CSV, GPX or KML
- Quickly view, zoom and pan maps using gestures (pinch, drag and flick, double tap)
- Measure distance and area in map units.
- Download the free app from http://www.avenza.com/pdf-maps
- Download required Vicmap Topographic Map PDFs from http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/forestry-and-land-use/spatial-data-and-resources/vicmap/vicmaptopoonline or Admin maps from Inform > Maps > Maps
- View/Read map using PDF Maps app.
This map series, produced by ISD, will cover the entire state of Victoria and depicts both natural and constructed features such as contours, rivers, waterfalls, vegetation, roads, cliffs and crown land boundaries.
The attached PDF displays topographic map symbology as depicted on the Vicmap Topographic Mapping suite of hardcopy and digital products.
Vicmap Topographic Online symbology April 2012
Magnetic Information for Victoria
Vicmap Hardcopy Magnetic Info 2013
Vicmap Topographic eNewsletter
The Vicmap Topographic eNewsletter will be published quarterly. The aim of this newsletter is to provide users with the latest news on Victorian topographic mapping products.
Please note: Document(s) on this page are presented in PDF format. If you do not have the Adobe Reader, you can download a copy free from the Adobe web site.