Water is a valuable resource and to use it sustainably, efficient water use must be a lifelong habit for every Victorian.
Victorians have been meeting this challenge with households, industry and farmers now saving more water than ever before.
Being water efficient helps your household and business become resilient to climate change and helps to save on water and energy costs.
The Victorian Government has in place a range of initiatives designed to help you make your homes, businesses, schools and farms more water efficient.
- Permanent water saving (use) rules now in place encourage common sense water use even when water restrictions are not in place.
- Pricing structures that reward efficient water use.
- The Living Victoria Water Rebate Program provides rebates for households and for small businesses.
- Your local water corporation will also have many programs to help you reduce your water use around your home and in your garden – visit their website.
- There are many ways to incorporate water and water conservation into education. For more information visit Water education in schools.
There are also a range of targeted programs to help your business become more efficient. These include the waterMAP program.
Water corporations also have expert staff on hand who can assist you to improve your water efficiency – visit your local water corporation's website.